What Is SAT?
SAT is mandatory for admissions in colleges of the United States. It was called the Scholastic Aptitude Test and later, known as the SAT Reasoning Test. It is administered by the College Board, which is a non-profit organization. The Educational Testing Service also played a crucial role in developing the SAT. It is a standardized test which determines a student’s preparatory levels for the college education. It can be taken by high school juniors and seniors. Analyzing and solving problems are important in the process of literacy, writing and numerical skills. The tight limit of time helps children improve their pace and acquire a range of scores. Validity studies ensure that a student’s skills and levels of understanding are accurately predicted when their High School GPAs and SAT scores are counted. There are varying policies in different regions of the US and for homeschooled candidates. Course grades, coursework and class ranks are calculated in a nationalized format.
Structure of the SAT:
There is a Writing and Language Test, a Reading Section, a Math test with no calculator and another allowing the use of the calculators. The candidate is provided 3 hours for the entire exam and additional 50 minutes for the writing test. Total scores range from 400-1600 and there are only marks on the correct answers.
- Reading Test – It consists of 52 questions which need to be answered within 65 minutes. There are 5 passages along with 10-11 questions per passage. The passages are acquired based on historical, sociological or scientific perspectives. There are no calculations involved.
- Writing & Language Test – 44 multiple choice questions need to be answered within 35 minutes. Correction in sentences, word structures, text complexity, information graphics, analytical skills, organizational quality, usage and punctuation are looked into.
- Math Test (No Calculator) – It consists of 20 questions to be answered in 25 minutes. Algebraic problem-solving skills, Data Analysis, linear equations, statistics & modelling are incorporated.
- Math Test (With Calculator)– It lasts for about 55 minutes. 38 questions need to be answered. Advanced math with radicals, exponentials, and non-linear expressions are included.
SAT Test Dates:
The SAT can be attempted 7 times annually. Candidates having religious obligations can opt not to take the test on Saturday. These requests can be made when the candidate registers. Students with disabilities (physical or mental) can choose to take the test with accommodations. The increase of time is mostly 50% but under special circumstances, one can even be granted 100% extra time.
The months when it is conducted in the United States are March, May, June, August, October, November, and December.
It is also taken in other countries for 4 months.
How To Apply For SAT:
- Make sure the test dates are released.
- Register on the College board website. Fill up the correct details.
- You are supposed to receive a confirmation email.
- You must be having a legitimate and authorized form of identification. For foreign students, it is mostly the passport which is accepted, and all other documents are denied. Go through the information bulletin available at the website thoroughly.
SAT Test Fees:
- If applying for a test with only the four sections, you will be asked for $46.
- If the essay-writing section is included, the registration fees will be $65.The late registration fees will demand an extra $29.
- If you are re-registering via phone, an additional charge of $15 is extracted.
- A fee for waitlist-testing would be $49.
- If the test date, test type, or center is changed, you are liable to submit $29.
- 4 report scores are compulsory to be submitted. Any additional requirement would demand $12 extra per report.
- In order to retrieve old scores, $31 are to be submitted.
- If you want to acquire your answer sheet, questions and marking instructions, $18 need to be paid.
- Score verification will require $55.
- For international students:
- Additional non-US Regional Fees are to be submitted with the standard registration fees, which range from additional $41-59.
SAT Test Centers:
Numerous countries offer SAT tests. There are several countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Americas, East-Asia/Pacific, Europe, Eurasia, North Africa, Middle-East, South and Central Asia that provide comprehensive training and skill development tutorials. Choose the centre closest to your pin code and determine if you are comfortable and familiar with the layout of the location. Remember to know the time-distance. Make sure that the environment is suited to your needs. It can also be taken at your own high school. Check your messages and alerts regularly for any notice of cancellation. Contact the local help desks to clear all doubts.
Why Choose London Academy?
- London Academy is an acclaimed institute that trains students for SAT tests. It is eminently approved by the Education Ministry.
- Data sufficiency & critical reasoning are improved via full-length practice tests.
- A personalized schedule is provided by highly qualified teachers. Sample essays, recent examination papers, data information and guidance is provided with utmost dedication.
- Social learning in small batches helps to improve on those questions which were not properly absorbed.
- Credible and upgraded Question-Answer section makes sure the student can pass all levels of difficulty.
What We Teach (Building & Improving SAT Skills):
- London Academy suggests all the fundamental tips and tricks conquer the SAT test.
- Compiled dictionary-based vocabulary improvement is conducted every month.
- Workbooks with explanations and detailed drill tests ensure all the formats are clear.
- Students are very well-prepared with the Official Study Guide. It involves adaptive learning strategies.
- Prep classes simplify a particular subject for easy comprehension.