About Psychology Tuition
Originally, the word psychology was deemed as the knowledge of the human soul. The word psychology comes from the Greek word “psyche”, which means living spirit or self and “logia” which means knowledge of something.
As a subject of science, psychology aims to describe the how’s and whys of people’s thinking, feeling and actions that affect the environment around them in various ways. The subject Psychology has a broad base which includes biological, neurological, cognitive, social and cultural perspectives.
These aspects are used to create lucid understanding of human thought and behaviour also represented through numerous sub-disciplines within the subject itself, such as social psychology, development psychology, cognition psychology, and organisation psychology. Each sub-discipline focuses on observing, analysing and understanding humans from a specific angle. Today’s educational system, as we know, is highly complex as there is no single learning approach that effectively works for everyone. Which is why, keeping the importance of Psychology as a subject as well as the need to find a structured way to learn it in mind, London Academy now offers tuition in Psychology for both IGCSE and IB courses.
IGCSE Course in Psychology
The study of psychology is a fascinating journey as it courses through human behavior. The IGCSE course covers interesting topics such as Body Language, Prejudice, Conformity and Gender roles, etc. Each lesson of the IGCSE Psychology course starts with a set of lucidly stated objectives and an explanation of the reason for its position in the overall program of study. Effective learning is encouraged among students through frequent activities and self-assessment questions, and a large number of simply drawn illustrations. No previous knowledge of the subject of psychology is assumed to be required.
The IGCSE course covers the entire syllabus in ten modules:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Development of Personality
- Stereotyping, Prejudice and Discrimination
- Social Influence
- Sex and Gender
- Research Methods
IB Course in Psychology
Since the psychology course explores the interaction of biological, cognitive and sociocultural influences and its impact on human behavior, it is well placed in the IB course. Students undertaking the IB course in Psychology can expect to develop a detailed understanding of how psychological knowledge is generated, developed and consequently applied. This will also allow them to have an improved understanding of themselves and to appreciate the vastness and diversity of human behavior. The holistic approach reflected is in the IB course curriculum, which witnesses biological, cognitive and socio-cultural analysis that is being taught in an integrated manner to ensure that students are able to develop a clear understanding of what all humans share, as well as the immense diversity of influences that affect human behavior and mental processes.
The ethical concerns that are raised by the methodology and application of psychological research are also keenly considered in the IB course on Psychology:
- Research Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Cognitive Approach
- Biological Approach
- Sociological Approach
- Critical Thinking
- Human Relationships
- Internal Assessment
- External Assessment
Why Choose London Academy for Psychology Tuition
- The tutors for psychology course are accessible for both individuals and groups.
- Home tutors of psychology can help those students who want to stay in further touch with their psychology studies even from home.
- Only professional and experienced psychology tutors are assigned to every student who will not only help them to solve their problems but also teach them in the best convenient and most possible way.
- Psychology tutors will teach your ward by using innovative methods and will also explain human behaviour through real-life examples and case studies.
- The psychology tutor will try his level best to make a student proficient in psychology by establishing a strong foundation and making his basics strong.
- We have both male and female tutors for psychology. You can opt either of the gender with whom your ward will be more comfortable to interact and learn.
- London Academy is specialized in facilitating best tutor for the student. Also, there is no restriction on duration of the class. The total time duration solely depends on the grasping capacity of the student.
- London Academy also offers online classes, in case a student does not have much time to spend in traditional class hours. In this case, the organisation shall also provide a home tutor who will teach the student in private.
- Scheduling of the psychology tuition or psychology coaching classes is put to place according to the requirement and daily activities of the student.
Highly Qualified and Experienced Tutors of London Academy
The psychology tutors who are appointed to students by London Academy are highly qualified and greatly experienced in their field of study. The tutors have passed and attained their qualification from the best universities in the world and got hired by London Academy after cracking a rigorous interview. Following the success in the tough exam and interview, proper background verification is conducted so that the students who get in touch and interact with the London Academy tutors feel safe and comfortable. Another reason why this verification process is carried out is that the students of the academy may get the best educative atmosphere and can learn about the concepts, theories, practical aspects and inventive ideas about psychology with absolute ease. They will also be given an insight on how psychology impacts our daily life and the need to assess mental pattern of individuals in any field. If a student loses his or her interest in the subject of psychology then our tutors will guide and help him to develop his interest in the subject through the best possible methods. The psychology tutors hired by the London Academy try to find the easiest way to teach all the time so that students can understand and learn the concepts and understand the subject easily.