What is IGCSE?
IGCSE or International General Certificate Of Secondary Education is a comprehensive curriculum in the English language, preparing students for the International Baccalaureate (Organization), A Level and BTEC Level 3 for higher tier students. Developed by the International Examinations Department of Cambridge University, it is also assessed by EdExcel. It is a qualification based on individual subjects like Social Sciences, Mathematics, Humanities, Languages, Creative, Technical and Vocational Subjects. Thus, pupils have the option to choose more than one course and test their expertise in each discipline.
Since it is an exam-based certificate, the student also gets to reinforce their course content, educative and investigative skills, proficiency and competence. Hence, evaluation of his academic aptitude goes without any institute-based course. Teaching is localized, and languages are flexible.
Who Should Pursue IGCSE?
It is a two-year program for candidates who are in their 9th and 10th Grades. Passing the examination would open doors for all who are opting for a +2 course. It consists of a variety of tests like verbal and listening. It has a balanced curriculum and the added advantage is that students who have homeschooled are also eligible. It consists of an 8-point grading system. It has a worldwide credibility and delivered in more than 140 countries. It also has a multicultural dimension to it, incorporating a global perspective in the syllabi.
Why Choose London Academy?
London Academy is one of the most sought-after and renowned institutes based in Qatar for intensive training. Approved by the Ministry Of Education, it offers unparalleled tutelage and guidance to students opting IGCSE. London Academy is dedicated to providing systematic coaching with a thorough, meticulous and methodical undertaking. Students are allocated one-to-one or group-based tuitions, which helps them grasp subjects easily. Problem-solving, enquiry and creativity are top priorities. The classes are extremely cost-effective and are considered great investments. Pupils acquire greater exposure and are able to deal with varying levels of difficulty.
- Students can avail 15 hours of tutoring for each subject, which is spread over 10 weeks.
- In case of a year-long course, students can take up 45 hours of tuitions spread over minimum 30 weeks.
- For personalized mentoring, students can opt for 1.5 hours’ sessions every week.
- Students will be able to take up full-length sample tests every month along with progress reports from teachers. Constant feedback and reviews will help them increase accuracy. Multiple resource sheets are also provided for better speed and efficiency.
- Each student is strictly cared for and assisted at all times.
What are the subjects taught at London Academy?
The topics are divided into the following groups:
Group 1 – Languages
Group 2 – Humanities and Social Sciences
Group 3 – Sciences
Group 4 – Extended Subjects
Group 5 – Technical, Creative and Vocational Subjects
Based on this list, students have chosen at least two subjects from the language group & one from any of the other groups. Additionally, they need to choose one extra subject (depending on their preference) from any of the mentioned groups.
The subjects offered are as follows:
- English Core (First Language), English Literature & French
- Physics, Chemistry & Biology
- Core Math & Extended Math
- Business Studies & IT.
Why are tuitions required for IGCSE?
London Academy ensures that students get positive outcomes swiftly. The process is interactive, interrogative and participative. It is possible to adopt new goals, targets and objectives if proper training is accessible to students.
- The primary purpose of IGCSE courses is compact education. In other words, students are required to challenge or encourage their own ideas. London Academy guarantees transparency, self-awareness, clarity in work-related issues and better teamwork.
- Self-awareness programs and complete improvement motivates creative understanding.
- Time management and concentration increases with regular practice.
- Communication and advice help to absorb new concepts easily.
- Productivity, confidence and competitiveness increases.
Key tips while taking up IGCSE Tuitions:
- Students should not hesitate to enquire regarding their subject matter. They must be able to recognize, grasp and interpret the content with ease.
- Students are taught to communicate fluently in English.
- Combinations must be favorable in terms of higher studies or advanced courses.
- The range of subjects should be researched & scrutinized as they will result in greater skill development at later stages.
- Various learning strategies should be adopted with innovative techniques.
What to Choose Under IGCSE: Core Or Extended?
Teachers can choose the most appropriate level of papers for students. The core curriculum is made to accommodate students who want to grasp a general sketch of their subjects. It is tailor-made to include a wider range of students who are expected to score between C-G grades.
On the other hand, the extended curriculum is supposed to cut out the average number and incorporate the intellectually capable students. These students would opt for professional training in their chosen subjects.
The candidates who fail to meet the minimum standards will be under-graded as per the policies of IGCSE. The initial grade accumulated by the students is considered the determinant factor for IGCSE. Students who acquire grades in the middle-range will be eligible for the Extended Curriculum.
The primary Role of London Academy:
It is no doubt that students look forward to the best available options in order for them to prepare the courses as selected. The following study materials are considered essential for further understanding of IGCSE. London Academy makes sure students are not deprived of a precise view of all the reference materials.
- Lesson plans are sorted out with highly qualified teachers who have been in the teaching industry for a long span of time.
- Schemes of work are scheduled as per the capacity and aim of the student.
- Candidate responses are taken into consideration significantly.
- Documents are mapped, and the resources are available right at the start of the session.
- Textbooks and published documents are recommended to the student party early on.
- There are online webinars and training schemes for teachers, so they can properly discharge their duties and responsibilities.
- The coursework assessment and online self-study methods help students to achieve the best results.
Therefore, it is very important to consider accurate coaching for IGCSE aspirants. This will stimulate better judgment, insights, reasoning and logical prowess in students.