IGCSE is a rigorous and challenging examination. International General Certificate of Secondary Education is a popular international certification for secondary school also referred to as O-Level or year 11 or fifth form in respective schools and countries. It can also be conducted before proceeding to advanced levels such as the sixth form or A-level or 12 &13 year or even the pre-university studies. IGCSE was previously known as Cambridge International Examinations.
Students aspire to secure rankings ranging between A to E and U is termed as Ungraded. Classification is for students achieving 90 percent and, B for 80 and, C for 70 and so on.
Learning Chemistry helps one to understand the world in a better way. Through his knowledge of elementary Chemistry, one can appreciate common chemical reactions such as detergent working in salt water or alkalies dissolving in water or ice melting in the heat. Thus, a person can be more conscious of everyday products he uses when he knows the fundamental aspects of Chemistry.
Chemistry is used in almost every field like Biology, Physics, and Engineering. Its usage is found in truck driving, fireworks, plumbing, and cooking. Chemists work in labs, research centres, and the teaching profession. We can say that Chemistry surrounds us. One has the vast career opportunities if he chooses Chemistry.
Syllabus focus of London Academy Tuitions for IGCSE Chemistry:
- The teachers at London Academy focus on creating an enjoyable educational environment for the students so that they do not lose their focus and interest in Chemistry.
- The coaching centers are designed for the holistic career development of the students.
- The tutors aim at imparting knowledge to the pupils so that they have a better understanding of:
- The examination pattern and procedures of IGCSE.
- The technological advancements in the world due to the field of chemistry and to create an interest in scientific matters.
- The teachers at the coaching centers focus on the students making him learn that the science as a subject is all about evidence and understand its utility and limitations.
- The teachers help the students to develop skills that:
- are relevant to the study and practice of chemistry
- are useful in everyday life
- encourage a systematic approach to problem-solving
- promote efficient and safe method
- encourage effective communication through the language of science
- Apart from simple syllabus study, the teachers also try to develop in students attitudes relevant to chemistry such as:
- concern for accuracy and precision
- The most critical focus is put on as to make the students learn that science especially chemistry can be beneficial as well as destructive. And make them pledge that they will always utilize their knowledge for specific aims.
Key Features of IGCSE tuitions by London Academy:
- The individual focus for every student for all round progress. Proper attention is given to every single student for the growth of their understanding of the subject efficiently.
- The tutors are trusted, experienced and professional.
- Science is a subject all about reasoning and logic, the students are taught with philosophy and are not allowed to cram or mug up.
- For holistic development of a child and for excellent preparation for IGCSE the child is given model test papers from time to time. Workshops are also organized.
- The progress of each child is closely monitored, and the weak ones are given importance so that they could match with others.
- The child is free to opt for a male or a female tutor.
- The teachers are focused on nurturing students’ career and extracting the best out of him/her.
- The schedule of the coaching classes can be adjusted as per the students’ convenience so that he/she does not feel burdened.
- The teachers are well trained and qualified. The reviews have always been phenomenal from time to time. The students are asked to give feedback to ascertain the area they are lagging.
What makes a good IGCSE chemistry tutor at London Academy?
- How well does he/she know the subject matter?
The better the tutor knows the subject, the more creative he can be while teaching the subject. Nothing is worse than having a tutor or teacher who is “a chapter ahead.”
The tutors at London Academy are well trained, experienced and professional. They give all their time and support to your ward.
- How well does your tutor know pedagogy?
How well schooled are your tutor in the art of teaching and the subject matter? The more teaching education and experience, the more techniques he/she has at their disposal to make chemistry clear and understandable.
And our teachers at London Academy are well versed and trained. They have to pass strict tests and interview to qualify to be a part of our team. You can count on the teachers as they will guide and nurture your child’s career.
- Does your chemistry tutor communicate well?
Do you feel that your tutor understands yours and your child’s needs? Does your tutor report progress effectively?
For the convenience of the students, we have the facility of one to one tutor as well. If a child is not comfortable with a group of students, he can opt for a home tutor. And the faculty is always ready to listen to the queries. There won’t be any communication gap.
- Is your chemistry tutor patient?
Introspect whether your tutor maintains pace with your child’s learning or does he rush to complete the course? If the child is a slow learner, has he tried a variety of different tools to make learning engaging and effective? Does your tutor merely give you answers, or guide you to find the answers yourself?
At the London Academy, you can be very sure with the pace of learning as every child is considered unique and is dealt with differently as per the needs.
Even if your child seems to be handling the workload of his new, more challenging chemistry course, with the ever-increasing competition for IGCSE, London Academy may be just the insurance he needs to comprehend chemistry and get the grade he needs truly.
London Academy chemistry tutor can be a lifesaver. The well-trained chemistry tutor will help your child approach the advanced field of chemistry by presenting chemistry in manageable and understandable pieces. Making the subject understandable and enjoyable is the essence of tutors at London Academy.