What is ACT?
The ACT is American College Testing. It is a nationalised test for admissions into colleges of the United States. All its policies and procedures are conducted by the ACT, a non-profit organisation. It is useful in understanding the capability of a high-schooler to take on their upcoming college years via a standardised test. The scores obtained in ACT alongside the GPA acquired during high school are used to compare candidates. The classes which are taken in high school, the participation rate in extracurricular activities and recommendations from teachers also matter in the selection process. The ACT has witnessed growing number of applicants since the beginning. It is especially preferred because of its acceptance in all of the colleges of US which offer four-year courses.
It is the best examination to test the knowledge in specific subjects, especially in generic and basic entry-level courses of English, Algebra, Social Sciences, Biology and Humanities. There is, thus, a direct link between a student’s ACT score and a probability of earning a college-level qualification.
ACT Test Structure:
The middle and high schools of US incorporate the ACT-based comprehensive evaluation system so children have an idea prior to the date. A technical manual is published by the ACT which predicts college performance levels as per yesteryears’ scores. It also approves textbooks for 7-12th graders that match the expected mark for post-secondary education.
- It is separately assessed based on multiple-choice questions headed under English, Maths, Reading and scientific reasoning.
- Scores are from 1-36 in general exams. In case of the optional writing test an additional score of 2-12.
- There are no negative marking schemes and each answer has a value of 1 mark.
- There is a provision for students to retake the test in case they do not score well. They maximum candidates improve their skills this way.
- Here is the detailed analysis of the sections:
- English – It is conducted for 45 minutes to test sentence construction, mechanics and rhetorical skills. The pupil has to attempt 75 questions including 5 passages. Clarity and transition are key.
- Maths – Calculators are allowed in the 60 marks test that consists of 60 questions.
- Reading – Details, ideas, craft & comparison is tested in 35 minutes under 40 questions.
- Reasoning – Research summary, data representation and conflicting viewpoints are examined in 35 minutes under 45 questions.
ACT Test Dates:
It is offered 7 times a year, in February, April, June, July, September, October, and December. Outside the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, it is offered five times.
- Students with disabilities can take the test with accommodation. Extra time of 50% can be granted in such cases.
- The scores are sent to the student, the high school and to the colleges selected by the student.
ACT Application Procedure:
- You just have to fix a date online. Do it early because the process takes time.
- Print the admission form and keep documents ready if accommodation is needed.
- Make changes by the deadline in addition to payment of fees.
- $46 are required for registration without a writing test, while $62 is charged to include the writing test.
- A late registration fee of $29 is charged and $15 for re-registration.
- To change the test date or centre an additional $25 and $26 is charged respectively.
- College report fee is $13 per report, scheduled after the test date.
ACT Test Centres:
There are test centres of ACT internationally. It is best to perform an initial research on the centres and which option is the most favourable. You can select from a wide range of slots even within several states of a country. Make sure you know about its environment as it may affect your mindset on the day.
Why Choose London Academy:
Based in Qatar and approved by the Ministry Of Education, the London Academy is the best institute for ACT preparation. It is very efficient for youngsters in their high schools. The ACT has no age limit/bar. Therefore, it is best to opt for tuitions which are inclusive of all kinds of accurate training methods. It is dedicated to creating a personalised program for a student’s needs.
- One to one coaching helps students develop self-esteem, belief and conviction on the subjects.
- It also ensures that students grasp all subjects with equal credence. They are free to inquire for further understanding.
- Reliance on professionals helps aspirants prepare all kinds of questions. Suggestions are usually very important in this test.
- Self-paced practice tests and reviews are regularly conducted. Flexible tutorials with strategic assessments help students pass the ACT easily.
- Group coaching is conducted in small batches so that students can share and learn. They are also expected to follow a specially designed curriculum to cover the important portions of all subjects they had studied in the high school level. Comfortable learning & practical implementations are key.
Score High with London Academy:
- Independent school students equally cared of. A highly qualified team of experts teach students at centers or at home.
- Female teachers are recruited to teach female students.
- Preparatory courses include revision tests. Students often fret that they would fail in their tasks. London Academy guarantees to strengthen their courses and help them go forward with the right option.
- Creativity, originality and resourcefulness are fully taken care of.
- Do not worry about math. The fear is completely removed by London Academy.
- Visualization power & observational skills are very important in the tuitions.
- Students are taught to calculate faster than calculators.
- Complete explanations, analytical skills and increased speed is looked after thoroughly by the London Academy. Moreover, it is the improvement with the passage of time which gives the students an edge.